Recipe by Trish and Mo
The best pancakes ever!! A recipe created by Mo through trial and error and sooo good. A little more work involved but well worth the time, especially on a lazy weekend morning. Feel free to add blueberries (rinsed and dried if frozen), chocolate chips or whatever you like.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated, saving whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a med-large bowl.
- Add egg YOLKS, vanilla and milk, stir to make smooth batter.
- Beat egg whites in another bowl until peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Preheat pan/griddle to med-low heat (3-3.5) with 1-2 teaspoons oil or cooking spray (oil is better) and use a soup ladle or measuring cup to make pancakes about the same size.
- Pancakes are ready to flip when holes appear on top. Cook another minute and transfer to plate, repeat, using all batter. Enjoy with maple syrup or your favourite topping.