Recipe by Elisabetta47
My late and great baby sister and I shared a lot of things, food being one of them. She was a life-long vegetarian, yet found and cooked so very many wonderful dishes for us "flesh-eaters". She appreciated that we all have different tastes and march to different drummers. This is one of her delicate and tasty creations.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups shrimp, small, cooked
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion & cook until tender (2-3 min.).
- Stir in flour & dill.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute to remove the "floury flavor".
- Gradually add the broth or water & bouillon cube.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened & bubbly.
- Add shrimp & stir until it's boiling again.
- Reduce heat a bit.
- Stir in yogurt & heat to serving temperature.
- Serve over rice.