Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a family favorite and a go-to company meal that I've never had anyone not like. There's been lots of family laughs over what the 2 tablespoons of water adds to the dish, but that is the way I got it, so that is the way I'm submitting it. I'm glad my kids will have a place to find it and not have it get lost! A lot of times we double the sauce because it is so good over rice.
- 3⁄4 cup rose wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves (I use the chopped garlic in a bottle)
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 10 pieces chicken (breasts and legs)
- You can marinate this if you like but it is not necessary.
- Put the ingredients in a roasting pan and mix. Then drop the chicken in the pan.
- Bake 1 ½ hours at 375 degrees. Baste the chicken at least once to get a great color on the skin. If you cook it for 2 hours the meat will fall off the bone.
- If you use boneless skinless chicken breasts only cook 45 - 50 minutes.
- I serve with green beans and rice.
I was very pleased with this dish. The only real change I made was to use Chardonnay instead of Rose' as that is what was on hand. I baked the chicken for a little over an hour and basted it a couple times. After removing the chicken to allow it to rest, I placed some sliced mushrooms in the sauce and thickened it just a bit to make a super yummy sauce. This will be making a repeat appearance on our table. (5)
I made as per recipe using a Maryland cut of chicken (thigh and leg intact) and after 2 hour of cooking at 160c fan forced was definately fall of the bone (the first 2 pieces I could not put on the the plates intact hey fell apartr [Iwas cooking or 3 but picked the third piece out out of the roasting pan so it would not do so and could put on the plate intact but the finsished product was just polished bones and skin (not a skerret of meat on them) and the meat was moist and flavoursome. Thank you Buzymomof3, made For Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #69 October 2012.
Very tasty chicken; LOVED the sauce! I made with 3 med/large b/s chicken breasts but left the sauce amounts the same. I cooked it for 40 minutes and the last 15 minutes I added a cornstarch/water slurry to thicken the sauce. Was perfect served with rice and the sauce drizzled over both. Made for ZWT8.