1/4 Photos of Maureen's Chicken Schnitzel-Lite
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Easier and a lighter version of traditional Schnitzel. Credited to Maureen Clancy in Cooking Light magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of heavy plastic wrap and pound to 1/2" thickness.
- 3Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Place flour in shallow dish.
- 5Combine egg and mustard in another shallow dish.
- 6Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, chives and garlic in another shallow dish and mix to blend.
- 7Dredge each chicken breast in flour; then in egg mixture; then in breadcrumb mixture to coat evenly.
- 8Heat olive oil in heavy ovenproof skillet over MED-HI heat.
- 9Saute chicken on one side until browned about 2 1/2 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat; and turn chicken to place unbrowned side down in skillet.
- 11Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until chicken is done and browned on underside.
- 12Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maureen's Chicken Schnitzel-Lite
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 312.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 32.2 g