From Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine website. It was inspired by Roy's love for vegetables and greens, this salad is a refreshing combination of feta, capers, shrimp, tomatoes and fresh lettuce. It was named after the great produce grown on the island of Maui.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced very thin (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 12 large cooked shrimp, each cut crosswise into 3 pieces (grilled shrimp works great)
- 1/2 medium avocado, diced into pieces the same size as the shrimp
- 8 bibb lettuce, cut into 1/8 inch strips
- 4 popcorn shoot mixed sprouts (optional)
- 1DRESSING PREPARATION: Combine shallots, 1 teaspoon capers and lime juice in a blender and purée until smooth. Add olive oil and mustard and blend until well combined. Stir in honey.
- 2TO ARRANGE SALAD: Arrange 5 slices of tomato on each of four plates, overlapping them to form a circle with a hole in the middle.
- 3Combine feta, 2 tablespoons capers and onion, drizzle with some dressing and salt and pepper to taste and toss well.
- 4Combine shrimp and avocado in another bowl, drizzle with some dressing and salt and pepper to taste and toss well. Drizzle lettuce with a little dressing and salt and pepper to taste and toss well.
- 5Mound 1/4 of the lettuce in center of tomato ring. Spoon one 1/4 of the feta and shrimp mixture on top. Drizzle tomatoes and salad with some of the remaining dressing. Garnish with popcorn shoot sprouts, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maui Wowie Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.0
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.9 mg
- Sodium 480.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 11.9 g