Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
a twist on a greek salad that is served at Nick's Fishmarket at the Fairmont Kea Lani Hotel in Wailea Hawaii. We had our wedding reception there, and this was the BEST salad ever!!! Soooo fresh and tasty!! Happened across the recipe online, Yeah!!
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 small maui onion, diced
- 2 ounces cooked shrimp
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- house vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg white, shredded
- 1 ounce roasted red peppers, diced or 1 ounce pimiento
- Shred lettuce into fine strips.
- Combine and toss in a large bowl with diced tomatoes, onion and bay shrimp.
- Add diced avocado.
- For dressing: Whisk together ingredients. Olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, black pepper, hard boiled egg whites shredded, and 1 ounce roasted red pepper diced or 1 ounce pimentos ( in a pinch I have used a quick dressing of olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt, pepper and basil. Pretty much adjust it all to taste. It is a GREAT quick replacement and saves having to hard boil and egg and find pimentos or roasted red peppers.).
- Pour over salad and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle each portion with capers, crumbled feta and green onion.
This was a very tasty recipe! My husband and I both enjoyed it. Exceptions: I had larger shrimp, so I cut them up. Couldn't find my capers, but it was still good without them. Used bagged shredded lettuce for a quick meal. And the directions didn't say where the eggs or pimientos came in. I mixed pimientos in with the salad and put the eggs on top. This is a keeper!