Recipe by CountryLady
An island flavoured side dish! It can be prepared in advance - cover & refrigerate for up to 2 days or wrap in foil & freeze for up to a month. Defrost overnight in fridge, bring to room temperature (2 hours) then bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- 4 lbs cooked sweet potatoes, about 5 large ones,skinned
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (regular or light)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander or 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1 lime, peel of finely grated
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash potatoes in a large bowl until almost smooth.
- Stir in coconut milk& seasonings and mash until smooth.
- Stir in next 4 ingredients, test for seasoning, turn into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish& spread evenly.
- Sprinkle coconut over the top.
- Bake in the center of a preheated 350F oven for 30- 35 minutes.
- Broil until the top is golden, about 3 or 4 minutes.