Recipe by beachbumlahaina
This came to me after trying the local Poke which I thought had little piazaz to it. A must here is the freshest Ahi you can find. Frozen will work but I would add 2 tbls. of sweet chili sauce.
- 1 lb fresh ahi tuna, cubed 3/4 inch
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped, save some for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts, diced fine
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, for frozen (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the Ahi, place in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the rest to a separate bowl and mix. Let stand about 10 minute and stir again.
- If using frozen Ahi add chili sauce to above bowl.
- Add to the Ahi and very gently mix, not to break up Ahi.
- Place on a platter, garnish with the rest of the green onion.
- Platter tips.
- Coconuts split in half for bowls, pineapples cut in half and scooped out,save. " cut the long way top to bottom" leave top leaves in place. Save scooped pineapple for another Beachbumlahaina dish.