Recipe by kmergirl
On our honeymoon in Maui we had these wonderful lumpia for dessert with icecream they were so yummy! I asked for the recipe and they gave it to me.
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 cup pineapple, fresh diced
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup banana, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ounce dark rum (optional)
- 16 large wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil, to deep fry
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, to sprinkle
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, add cream cheese. pineapple, banana, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, macadamia nuts, and rum thoroughly mix by hand.
- Next, lay out. Lumpia wrappers so that the corners are pointed top to bottom and left to.right. Place equal amounts of the mix on each wrapper, fold the bottoms up over the mix but not completely point to point. Brush upper half with the egg. Fold in the sides and roll the Lumpia up. Place into freezer for one hour.
- Heat oil to a temperature of 350 degrees. Add Lumpias a few at a time.
- cook until golden brown (approx 2 minutes) Remove to a paper towel.
- Cut Lumpias in half, dust with remaining powdered sugar.
- Place two Lumpias on each plate and garnish with two scoops of ice cream.
- Serve immediately.
- The Lumpias can be frozen ahead for future use.