Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 12 ounces Killians red (or other ale)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 maui onions
- to taste salt
- to taste oil (for deep frying)
- Combine flour, cornstarch and salt and pepper to taste in large bowl.
- Whisk in ale until smooth.
- Cut onions into 1/4- to 1/3-inch-thick slices.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 400F.
- Coat onion rings with batter.
- Gently add to hot oil without crowding pan and cook until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.