Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
These are an experiment that was hugely successful! Even my 75 year old mother loves them! We had a hard time finding pineapple Jell-o, but it's worth the effort. For the best results, put the rum in the 'fridge for an hour or two before making these. These are NOT for children!
- 1 (6 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 1 (6 ounce) box pineapple Jell-O
- 4 cups rum
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Pour jell-o into a LARGE bowl.
- Add four cups boiling water and stir at least three minutes to dissolve jell-o.
- Allow to cool.
- Add the rum and almond extract to taste.
- Pour into small cups, about 1 1/2 ounces per portion.
- Chill at least four hours.
These were at hit at our last get together. Although I did add just a touch for almond extract. Awesome!
This will be a great one to take to the big shindig. Think I'll add a chunck of pinapple or a slice of orange.
I made these for a Fourth of July party this year and they went over big! Everyone loved them and they were very delicious!