Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Weight Watchers New 365 Day Menu Cookbook.
Make and share this Maui Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil or 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 medium pineapple, pared cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium kiwi fruits, pared halved and sliced
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄2 small mango, pared pitted and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons coconut, shredded toasted
- fresh mint sprig, to garnish
- To toast coconut, preheat oven to 350°F Spread coconut onto nonstick baking sheet; bake 5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven; let cool.
- To prepare dressing, in blender or food processor, combine juice, vinegar, minced mint, sugar, pepper and salt; process until well blended.
- With motor running, slowly pour oil through feed tube; process 1 minute, until slightly thickened.
- To prepare salad, in large skillet, bring 3 cups water to a boil.
- Add chicken; return liquid to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; poach chicken, covered, 10 minutes, until cooked through.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken from liquid; discard liquid.
- Set chicken aside to cool.
- Cut cooled chicken into bite-size pieces; place into medium bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons dressing; toss to combine.
- In large bowl, combine pineapple, kiwi fruits, strawberries, mango and remaining dressing; transfer to large serving platter.
- Top fruit mixture with chicken mixture; sprinkle with coconut.
- Serve garnished with mint sprigs.
- SERVING (1 1/2 CUPS) PROVIDES: 1 1/2 Fats, 1 1/2 Fruits, 2 Proteins, 10 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 235 Calories, 9 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 41 mg Cholesterol, 89 mg Sodium, 23 g Total Carbohydrate, 4 g Dietary Fiber, 18 g Protein, 35 mg Calcium; 5 points.