Recipe by PiceSeasGirl
This recipe was published in an Edmonton Journal Cookbook years ago and is a family favorite of ours. I am a Zucchini lover now!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, Beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini, Grated
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup pecans, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine the oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl and blend well.
- Add the Zucchini and pineapple.
- Mix the dry ingredients and spices together and add them to the zucchini mixture.
- Add the raisins and pecans and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into 2 greased floured loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour or until bread tests done.
- Cool in pans for 30 minutes.
- Turn out on a rack to cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic; refrigerate one day before serving.