Recipe by Mauisurfer
Here is a simple delicious recipe that will amaze your friends and family. If you love Sashimi you will die over this recipe. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I have never met anyone who hasn't asked me for the recipe. Enjoy and A Hui Hou (Until we meet again)!
Top Review by teenahoo
Awesome! As good as home made poke can get, although you MUST try adding toasted sesame seeds to the end result, as it really adds the perfect touch to an already excellent replication of the poke you get on the island :)
- 2 lbs fresh ahi tuna
- 1 small round onion, julienne cut (Maui Onions preferred)
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated fresh ginger
- 3 finely diced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili sauce (Rooster Brand)
- 1 teaspoon hawaiian sea salt or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Ahi into at least 1/2" cubes - set aside & refrigerate.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large glass bowl & refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve toss Ahi and other ingredients together.
- Serve on chilled platter with chopsticks or toothpicks.