Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is a simple delicious recipe that will amaze your friends and family. If you love Sashimi you will die over this recipe. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I have never met anyone who hasn't asked me for the recipe. Enjoy and A Hui Hou (Until we meet again)!
- 2 lbs fresh ahi tuna
- 1 small round onion, julienne cut (Maui Onions preferred)
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated fresh ginger
- 3 finely diced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili sauce (Rooster Brand)
- 1 teaspoon hawaiian sea salt or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cut Ahi into at least 1/2" cubes - set aside & refrigerate.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large glass bowl & refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve toss Ahi and other ingredients together.
- Serve on chilled platter with chopsticks or toothpicks.
Awesome! As good as home made poke can get, although you MUST try adding toasted sesame seeds to the end result, as it really adds the perfect touch to an already excellent replication of the poke you get on the island :)
Excellent recipe! It reminds me of the poke we had in Hawaii on the Big Island. If you don't like your food too salty, though, I would eliminate the salt and let the soy sauce do the work. I also found that previously frozen ahi tuna works just as well as the fresh kind, provided you buy sashimi grade. I love this recipe and has made it twice for me and my boyfriend. We love it!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!! :-)
Made this for my wife and I and it was outstanding! We are pretty picky when it comes to our Ahi and were unsure of putting all these flavors on it... Man am I glad we did! Awesome thanks for posting!