Teresa Johnson's Note:
A delicious recipe by Maude Brennan of Brennan's Restaurant in New Orleans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small beef tournedos or 4 small filet of beef, about 1 1/4 inch thick,each sliced aross,to make 8 slices
- 4 (1/4-1/2 cup) tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1Melt the butter in a large skillet over low heat.
- 2When the butter is melted, place the slices of meat in the skillet and simmer until medium done.
- 3Turn the slices over and cook on the other side.
- 4When the meat is cooked, remove it to a large serving platter and set aside.
- 5Add the chopped vegetables, salt and pepper to the melted butter remaining in the pan.
- 6Simmer for a few minutes, then add the Worcestershire, lemon juice and Tabasco.
- 7Cook a few minutes longer, just until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- 8Put the slices of meat back in the skillet and cook about 30 seconds on each side.
- 9Place the slices on the serving platter again, then pour the sauce from the pan evenly over them.
- 10Serve from the platter with sauce spooned over each portion and provide bread to soak up the gravy.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maude Brennan's Steak Diane
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.1
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 1723.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: