Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious recipe by Maude Brennan of Brennan's Restaurant in New Orleans.
Make and share this Maude Brennan's Steak Diane recipe from Food.com.
- 4 small beef tournedos or 4 small filet of beef, about 1 1/4 inch thick,each sliced aross,to make 8 slices
- 4 (1/4-1/2 cup) tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over low heat.
- When the butter is melted, place the slices of meat in the skillet and simmer until medium done.
- Turn the slices over and cook on the other side.
- When the meat is cooked, remove it to a large serving platter and set aside.
- Add the chopped vegetables, salt and pepper to the melted butter remaining in the pan.
- Simmer for a few minutes, then add the Worcestershire, lemon juice and Tabasco.
- Cook a few minutes longer, just until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Put the slices of meat back in the skillet and cook about 30 seconds on each side.
- Place the slices on the serving platter again, then pour the sauce from the pan evenly over them.
- Serve from the platter with sauce spooned over each portion and provide bread to soak up the gravy.