Recipe by chia
a nice light lunch dish, or serve with braised lamb for a fabulous dinner. recipe courtesy of gourmet
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil, may need extra
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups matzo meal
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet, add scallions and cook until softened, 2-3 minutes, remove and cool.
- in a big bowl mix together eggs, water, matzoh meal, salt& pepper.
- add scallions.
- heat 1/2 c oil is large skillet.
- using a 1/4 c size measuring cup add about 3 tbsp of batter per pancake to skillet, cook first side about 2 minutes, flip and cook 2 minutes more, remove to paper towels.
- repeat adding more oil to skillet as necessary.