These are wonderful! We have used them as appetizers and as part of the meal. It is just another take on cooking with matzoh. Found the original on ivillage.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 matzohs
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 red pepper, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons oil (for sauteing the onion mixture)
- 1 1/2 cups ground chicken
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal
- oil (for frying the turnovers) or margarine (for frying the turnovers)
- 1Sprinkle the matzoh with water and wrap in a clean, damp towel.
- 2Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Saute the onion, garlic, and red pepper in oil until golden.
- 4Add the chicken, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and cook for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat.
- 6Beat two of the eggs lightly.
- 7Add them and the matzoh meal to the chicken and the onions and season to taste.
- 8Cut each matzoh in half.
- 9Near the narrow edge of each half, put a tablespoon of the chicken mixture and roll the matzoh carefully.
- 10Beat the third egg and dip each roll in it and fry in hot oil or margarine until golden brown on both sides.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Matzoh Chicken Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 22.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: