This is typically eaten on the Jewish holiday Passover, but I love to make it year-round. The onion powder is optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- 2Heat the skillet over medium-high heat until very hot.
- 3Meanwhile, moisten the matzah with cold water and then crumble into a bowl.
- 4Add the egg whites and seasonings.
- 5Spoon half the mixture into the hot skillet as one large"pancake" and brown.
- 6Turn to brown the other side.
- 7(Re-spray oil if necessary).
- 8Repeat with remaining mixture and oil.
Nutritional Facts for Matzoh Brei
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 401.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 12.8 g