Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is typically eaten on the Jewish holiday Passover, but I love to make it year-round. The onion powder is optional.
- cooking spray
- 4 matzohs
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Meanwhile, moisten the matzah with cold water and then crumble into a bowl.
- Add the egg whites and seasonings.
- Spoon half the mixture into the hot skillet as one large"pancake" and brown.
- Turn to brown the other side.
- (Re-spray oil if necessary).
- Repeat with remaining mixture and oil.