Recipe by dojemi
Basically eaten during Passover, but we eat it year-round.
Top Review by Chef de Sucre
Thanks for a good recipe. It was my first experience with Matzoh Brei, and will be making it again for sure, but will probably be experimenting with the basic recipe provided to see what I can come up with!
Directions See How It's Made
- Break matzos in a large bowl.
- Pour hot water over them.
- After a couple of minutes, pour and squeeze out the surplus water.
- Add cinnamon and egg and mix well.
- Melt a little butter in a frying pan.
- Make small flat cakes of the mixture in the butter.
- Flip them when it starts getting crusty underneath.
- Cook through until well done but still soft.
- Serve immediately, with brown sugar sprinkled on top.