Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the usual Matzoh Brei I make on Passover.
- 4 matzohs
- water, to soak the matzoh in
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Break the matzohs in small pieces and soak them in water until soft but not soggy.
- Drain well.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms, onion and the soaked matzohs.
- Blend together.
- Melt the butter/margarine in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add eggmixture.
- Cook over medium heat.
- A the Brei begins to thicken and brown, stir it from the bottom with a spatula, keeping the matzoh in large scrambled pieces.