1/3 Photos of Matzoh Balls
1 hr 15 mins
These are exceptionally light and fluffy and can be doubled, tripled, etc. with the same results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the oil and eggs.
- 2Slowly add the matzo meal.
- 3Add the salt, sugar and baking powder.
- 4Refrigerate for 1/2 hour till firm.
- 5Bring salted water to a rapid boil.
- 6With moistened hands, (gently) make balls (makes exactly 10).
- 7Add balls to water (balls will drop to bottom, but will pop up and float on top while cooking) Cover.
- 8Lower heat to a slow boil.
- 9Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Jewish (Ashkenazi) Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jewish (Ashkenazi) Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Matzoh Balls
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.8 mg
- Sodium 256.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g