Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These make light and fluffy matzoh balls. If you want hard as a rock matzoh balls (also known as Jewish hand grenades) you'll have to look for a recipe somewhere else.
- Add salt, pepper and club soda to yolks.
- Beat yolks on high speed.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold yolks into whites with a fork.
- Fold matzoh meal in with a fork, 1/2 cup at a time, until mixture is of medium consistency.
- You will need at least 2 cups matzoh meal.
- Cover the bowl with foil and refrigerate at least 30-40 minutes.
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Form balls of mixture with hands; drop into the boiling water.
- Cook matzoh balls in a covered pot over low heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Add to soup when serving.