Recipe by Mirj
These make light and fluffy matzoh balls. If you want hard as a rock matzoh balls (also known as Jewish hand grenades) you'll have to look for a recipe somewhere else.
Top Review by Lorac
Wow! Until last week my only experiences with matzoh balls came from a recipe on a matzoh flour box. Last week, DH was a bit under the weather and was craving Jewish deli style chicken soup with big chunks of carrots and matzoh balls. I found your recipe, made about half the recipe in 1 1/2 to 2 inch balls that were done in about 20 minutes. They were pillows instead of grenades! You need to re-name this recipe to "Mirjam's Marvelous, Matchless Matzoh Balls".
Directions See How It's Made
- Add salt, pepper and club soda to yolks.
- Beat yolks on high speed.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold yolks into whites with a fork.
- Fold matzoh meal in with a fork, 1/2 cup at a time, until mixture is of medium consistency.
- You will need at least 2 cups matzoh meal.
- Cover the bowl with foil and refrigerate at least 30-40 minutes.
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Form balls of mixture with hands; drop into the boiling water.
- Cook matzoh balls in a covered pot over low heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Add to soup when serving.