Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a quick and kind-of-healthy recipe that I make for my family at least 1x month.
Make and share this Matzoh Ball Soup recipe from Food.com.
- matzo meal (make balls according to box directions)
- 1 lb carrot, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- chicken carcass (can be saved from a previous meal and frozen)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) box spaghetti
- chicken stock (I like Better than Boullion)
- 1. boil large pot of water.
- 2. Prepare matzoh balls according to package directions. Set in fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- 3. In separate pot, take frozen chicken carcass, fill with water to 1 inch to edge of pot and boil for 1 hour.
- 4. Remove carcass and pick out any meat; set aside.
- 5. add chopped carrots and celery. lower heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5. add 2 tablespoons of boullion stock or to taste.
- 6. break up spaghetti into 1 inch pieces. add to pot.
- 7. once pot of water is boiling, create matzoh balls by rolling 1-inch diameter balls. Drop in water. Lower heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- 8. once cpoked, carefully remove each matzoh ball with a slotted spoon and add to soup.
- 9. Serve at once, Adding a sprig of dill gives it a fresh taste.