Recipe by Bobbie
I haven't tried this yet, but wanted to get it posted before I misplace the recipe. This way I will always know where I can find it. It sure does sound yummy! Update: I've made maybe 12 batches of this stuff -- and it's great. Everyone keeps asking for more. It's so easy to make and makes a great food gift wrapped up in a nice tin or box. Don't be afraid to try other nuts for the toppings. I ran out of almonds at one point and substituted pecans and walnuts. Delicious! I've also used the milk chocolate morsels with great success.
Top Review by Freewhat2
These Turned Out Fabulous!.. Unfortunately I do have to make a change only ONE the next time I Fix These., 15 mins is a bit too long in Oven, It Dries it out and takes away from the flavor, which makes you taste more Cracker flavor in the End Result. When it is all Bubbly at about 10 minutes it is Perfect to come out the Oven.And thats if your baking at 350 Degrees..However you could decrease the baking temp to leave them in longer if you want. Thanks For Posting..
- 3 1⁄2 sheets unsalted matzos
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped toasted slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 15x10 inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Arrange matzos in prepared pan, breaking as necessary to fit and completely cover bottom of pan.
- Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Boil, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Carefully pour mixture evenly over matzos in pan, and spread over matzos.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. (Mixture will start to bubble at about 10 minutes. Continue to bake to 15 minutes). Carefully remove pan from oven to a wire rack. (Mixture will still be bubbly). Let stand 1 minute at room temperature or until no longer bubbly.
- Sprinkle top evenly with morsels; let stand 1 minute or until morsels soften. Spread morsels over brittle. Sprinkle with almonds; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Place pan in refrigerator, chill 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Break into about 20 pieces. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week in refrigerator.
- (Makes about 20 pieces or 1 1/2 pounds).