Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 4 cups matzo farfel
- 4 eggs
- 2 onions
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon oil (or chicken fat)
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease pan.
- Cover farfel with hot water, let stand a while covered.
- Mash water out in colander with tablespoon. Beat the eggs. Saute the onions and celery in oil or chicken fat. Drain the grease.
- Season to taste. Grate carrot on large holes of grater. Mix all ingredients, adding eggs last.
- Put in pan or bird. Cook for an hour and twenty minutes or until done, checking at about an hour.