Recipe by DrGaellon
I wanted something to use up some matzo farfel, and I wanted a matzo kugel for my Passover dinner, so I cobbled this version together.
- 4 eggs, divided
- 473.18 ml matzo farfel
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml chicken fat
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 1 apple, half grated, half diced
- 59.14 ml raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl. Toss with farfel. Melt butter or chicken fat in a skillet. Cook farfel over low heat, stirring often, until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs with sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, lemon juice, and grated apple. Stir in cooked farfel, diced apple, and raisins.
- Spray 4 of 6 wells in a jumbo muffin tin with non-stick spray. Divide mixture between the muffin wells (if there is a lot of thin liquid in the bottom of the bowl, leave it behind). Bake in preheated oven 30 minute Let cool 10 min in pan, then run a knife around the inside of each well then turn out. Serve hot or cold.