A little sweet, and very delicious! As posted, this will be lower fat, for fuller fat, use regular sugar and butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350degF.
- 2Lightly grease a 1qt baking dish with butter/spread.
- 3Combine farfel with 2 eggs. Place in heavy skillet and toast over low heat, stirring all the time, until farfel is golden brown and the pieces are separate.
- 4Beat the 2 egg whites with the sugar, salt, and 3 tbsp butter. Add the farfel and 1/2 cup of water.
- 5Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with half of the apple slices and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 6Add the matzo farfel mixture.
- 7Top with remaining apple slices, sprinkle with nuts, and pour on the remaining butter.
- 8Bake for 30min.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Matzo Farfel Apple Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 406.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: