Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A little sweet, and very delicious! As posted, this will be lower fat, for fuller fat, use regular sugar and butter.
- 2 cups matzo farfel
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons margarine, separated
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup ground walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350degF.
- Lightly grease a 1qt baking dish with butter/spread.
- Combine farfel with 2 eggs. Place in heavy skillet and toast over low heat, stirring all the time, until farfel is golden brown and the pieces are separate.
- Beat the 2 egg whites with the sugar, salt, and 3 tbsp butter. Add the farfel and 1/2 cup of water.
- Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with half of the apple slices and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add the matzo farfel mixture.
- Top with remaining apple slices, sprinkle with nuts, and pour on the remaining butter.
- Bake for 30min.