Another from "Chai Lights", TX. It's described as a sweet and unusual kugel. Farfel is like a broken up matzo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak farfel in cold water, then drain. Crush it into a paste-like consistency.
- 2Beat egg yolks with sugar, Stir in wine, salt, orange rind and oil.
- 3Beat egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- 4Mix yolk mixture into farfel.
- 5Now fold mixture into stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Matzo Farfel and Wine Kugel for Passover
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Sodium 320.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g