Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I saw this recipe in Woman's World and tweaked it for myself.
Make and share this Matzo Ball Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 chicken
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped with leaves
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄3 cup seltzer water
- 1 1⁄4 cups matzo meal
- Cook chicken in chicken broth for 1 hour.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, and mushrooms.
- Simmer 1 hour more.
- Last 45 minutes of chicken cooking mix all ingredients for matzo balls put in refrigerator covered.
- Pull out chicken and debone, adding meat back into soup. You can save some for chicken salad if you wish.
- Make matzo balls and drop in boiling liquid.
- Put in herbs and season to taste; cover for 20 minutes.