1/1 Photo of Matzo Ball Chicken Soup (Kosher)
Food Safari, a new programme on Good Food Channel, It's Australian based but travels across the pceans in search of different foods and techniques. The soup is clear and full of flavour and it's the first ever try of Matzo balls and that hint of cinnamon really is surprising tasty! This recipe used passover certified Matzo meal which is baked darker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg chicken bones with meat (No Skin)
- 1 red onion, peeled and quarted
- 250 g carrots, top and tailed
- 1 leek, chopped roughly
- 2 parsnips, peeled chopped roughly
- for matzo balls
- 2 eggs (no blood check using clear bowl)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups matzo meal (Dark for passover)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1For the SOUP: Put chicken in a large pot, fill with cold water enough to cover the chicken . Bring to the boil and skim the fat layer off the top.
- 2Add vegetables and simmer-boil for 2 hours.
- 3Remove chicken pieces and pour liquid through a strainer to catch the vegetables. Soup can be reheated or frozen. If reheating, shred some chicken and add to soup.
- 4For the MATZO BALLS: Break eggs abd beat adding oil, pinch of salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- 5Add Matzomeal and water and mix well again.
- 6Place in refrigerator for 30 mins if making now or overnight if making day before.
- 7When mixture firm, spoon into hand and create ball like dumpling, do this for all of mixture.
- 8In a pan of simmering salt water add matzo balls and cover for 20-25 minutes.
- 9Matzo Balls will rise to the surface.
- 10Reheat soup and add Matzo balls.
Browse Our Top Kosher Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Kosher Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Matzo Ball Chicken Soup (Kosher)
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.8
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 117.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: