Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These make a nice addition to the Passover dessert tray. The addition of dried fruit and toasted coconut may be added to the batter. Cook time is for the melting of the chocolate.
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 4 cups matzos
- 2 cups salted nuts
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate pieces over hot water.
- Once melted, set chocolate aside and cool at room temperature, about 15-20 minutes.
- Do not allow chocolate to get hard.
- In a greased mixing bowl, combine melted chocolate, matzah, which has been crumbled, and nuts.
- Stir mixture until matzah is well coated with chocolate.
- Mixture will be sticky.
- Place a piece of waxed paper onto a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch cookie sheet.
- With wet hands, drop tablespoonful of matzah-chocolate mixture onto cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Dried fruit and toasted coconut may be add to the batter.