Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My son just got this from his home-economics teacher (middle school) and we made it for the Super Bowl. I think it could use some more cooking for the flavors to blend more. This is not a spicy chili but one kids could go for. You can spice it up if you like. Hope you and the kids enjoy it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped (or 1 large onion)
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped (or 1 large green bell pepper)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- In a 4 quart Dutch oven over medium heat, cook ground beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic until meat is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally to break up meat.
- Pour off fat, if any.
- Stir in soup, kidney beans with their liquid, chili powder, and vinegar. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low, simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into bowls; top with sour cream and sliced green onions.