Recipe by Matthew Molus
This coffee cake is simple to make and absolutely delicious. I was given this recipe in 7th grade for my manditory home economics class.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (sifted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add flour mixture into sour cream mixture.
- Turn 1/2 of the batter into a 9" greased pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 topping.
- Spread with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Mix together flour, butter and cinnamon, add brown sugar and nuts.