Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The is a scaled down, simple version of the Louisiana favorite. My hubby, Matt, likes it really hot, but I like it a bit more mild so pay attention to the ranges on various ingredients.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1 tablespoon louisiana hot sauce
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat oil in a large pot, sautee onion, green pepper and garlic until olions are translucent and tender.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot and simmer for 10 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve over rice.