Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
super easy, delicious cinnamon roll cookies bake in 10 minutes or less!
sugar cookie dough ingredients
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- mix together butter and sugar.
- mix in egg.
- sift salt, flour, and baking powder.
- add to mixture.
- add vanilla.
- mix filling ingredients together in seperate bowl.
- form dough into 6-inch strips about 1/2 inch wide.
- cover one side of strips with thin layer of filling.
- roll up into a cinnamon roll shape.
- bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until soft yet golden brown.
- top with homemade icing.
A nice soft cookie with the taste of snickerdoodles blended in. My DD said it reminded her of Elephant Ears. My kids loved these! I do have to confess I cheated due to time and used a sugar cookie refrigerated roll as the base. I had to add a bit of flour to make it less sticky but it worked out great. Your sugar cookie dough is just like I've used in the past so I know that will work out fine too. Made for the Name Game tag event.