Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Just messed with my mom's oatmeal cookie recipe. I made them for my siblings' school classes but ate them all first. Shows how good they are.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Mix flour & salt in a bowl.
- 3. Add oats, raisins & craisins to dry ingredients. Set aside.
- 4. In separate bowl, blend shortening, sugar & vanilla.
- 5. Mix boiling water & baking soda, then combine into wet ingredients.
- 6. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Blend until one colour.
- 7. Roll into balls, place on an ungreased cookie sheet & press down lightly with a fork.
- 8. Bake for 8-10 minutes DEPENDING ON SIZE OF BALLS.