Recipe by Peaks-In-Parsons
Healthy and Tasty Tuna Melt
Top Review by Sarah_Jayne
This is a good base recipe that could be easily changed up with a bit of experiment. The only real changed I made was that in order for all of my tuna to have some of the sauce I needed to add two tablespoons of ranch dressing instead of the one. I used reduced calorie bread so the calories probably balanced themselves out there. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 (6 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water
- 1 tablespoon fat free ranch dressing
- 2 slices low-fat swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the bread. Drain the tuna and place it in a small mixing bowl. Add the ranch dressing and mix well. Divide the tuna mixture and place half on each piece of toast. Place a slice of baby swiss on each and place in a toaster oven or broiler face up for 3 or 4 minutes.