Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Healthy Low Fat Vegan Carrot Spice Muffins. VERY Good, and VERY Healthy!!!
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat graham flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, add the liquid ingredients and stir just long enough to combine. Add the carrots and raisins and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pans with non-stick spray. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
Very flavorful. I made these for my yoga class and they were very well liked. A few modifications I made: almond milk instead of soymilk and water, golden raisins, and stevia herb instead of sugar. I found my muffins quite dense, so be careful not to overmix the batter as I did.
These are very moist for being almost fat-free. Lots of spicy flavor also. And not too sweet. I added dried cranberries instead of raisins. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.