Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Matthew was four years old and helped make these for Christmas giving. Its his favourite cookie...Ummm ginger snaps....
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 3⁄4 cup room temp. butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In another bowl cream butter, sugar, egg, and molasses, beating well.
- Stir in dry ingredients, combine with hands well.
- Make into small balls about 1 inch in size.
- Roll balls in additional white granulated sugar Do NOT flatten cookies, they will flatten as they bake.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 10-12 minutes. These bake very fast. Test bake a few to see cooking time, crispness and texture that you desire in a snap.
- Chewy cookie is less baking time than a crispy cooky.
The spice combination is excellent. As the poster mentions, baking can be a little tricky. Well, I was using a new oven, so got one batch a bit overdone. Will be more careful in the future. The dough was quite sticky, and I think it will be a good argument for the purchase of a set of cookie scoops. Thank you very much for sharing this lovely recipe with us.
Excellent 'snaps! Turned out perfectly in texture, flavor, and appearance. Thank you for sharing!
This is the recipe I've been searching for. I've tried a lot of them and this is the closest to the ones that I like at the grocery store. Thanks a lot for sharing the recipe. My kids loved them and I used them for this recipe#258760 and together they are fabulous but the cookie on it's own is just delightful. Thanks for sharing!