Recipe by andypandy
Matthew was four years old and helped make these for Christmas giving. Its his favourite cookie...Ummm ginger snaps....
Top Review by mianbao
The spice combination is excellent. As the poster mentions, baking can be a little tricky. Well, I was using a new oven, so got one batch a bit overdone. Will be more careful in the future. The dough was quite sticky, and I think it will be a good argument for the purchase of a set of cookie scoops. Thank you very much for sharing this lovely recipe with us.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 3⁄4 cup room temp. butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In another bowl cream butter, sugar, egg, and molasses, beating well.
- Stir in dry ingredients, combine with hands well.
- Make into small balls about 1 inch in size.
- Roll balls in additional white granulated sugar Do NOT flatten cookies, they will flatten as they bake.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 10-12 minutes. These bake very fast. Test bake a few to see cooking time, crispness and texture that you desire in a snap.
- Chewy cookie is less baking time than a crispy cooky.