Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a tried and true recipe for making the best takeout-style donairs at home, hands down!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons oregano flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 Mix all ingredients with your hands in a large bowl until well blended, and shape into two equal logs.
- 2 Place on a baking sheet lined with tinfoil, and bake at 350f for one hour, turning halfway through.
- 3 After the meat is cooked, slice as desired, and serve on pitas with your favorite donair toppings.
- 4. If you are a daredevil, try doubling the cayenne or adding chopped jalapenos. ENJOY!