Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
alternative to original mathis
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds (Ajwain0)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup fenugreek leaves, chopped (methi)
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- preheat ovan to 350 F/180°C.
- mix flour, salt, milk powder, ajwain, red chili powder and baking powder.
- mix in oil and methi leaves, rubbing oil inches Add vinegar and some water, knead to stiff dough.
- leave covered for 1/2 hour. roll the dough into rounds of 1/8 inch and prick the rounds with fork.
- place these rounds in prepared baking tray which is greased with oil. bake for 15 minutes till light brown on both sides.
- remove from oven, cool and store in airtight jars.