Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband makes this when he is in the mood for a quick lunch. Anything that cooks in under an hour is consider quick by Moroccan standards. :P Serve with Authentic Moroccan Bread to scoop up the tomato mixture.
- 1 -2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 onion, cut into strips
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 -3 eggs, scrambled
- Heat the canola oil in a small frying pan. Cook the onion in the oil until it becomes soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except eggs) into the pan & simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir the scrambled eggs into the tomato mixture & let it cook until it is no longer runny, around 5-7 minutes. Do not stir during this time.
This is delicious. DD (toddler) thinks so too. I used larger amount of canola oil, regular cooking onion, a good canned plum tomatoes which I chopped, flat leaf parsley, sweet paprika, freshly ground black pepper, to taste, sea salt to taste, good extra virgin olive oil, & 3 large eggs. I covered the eggs when not stirring. Made for ALL YOU CAN COOK BUFFET - SPECIAL EVENT!
What a wonderful trip down memory lane did this wonderful breakfast lead me. It very much reminded me of the way my dear departed dad used to make eggs with the only discernable difference being he put in a lot more onion and would cook it till it was a rich caramel colour and used basil instead of parsley, he always said that basil and tomatoes were made for each other. Thank you Nasseh for a great breakfast for the DM and I and to Averybird for the recommendation, made for I Recommend Tag Game.
Simple and delicious! The onion and tomato base was great with the eggs. Thanks for sharing!