Recipe by Dina Cohen
I like the moist texture of this cake and it is pretty easy to make. I buy the green tea powder (matcha) in Asian groceries because it's way cheaper than the high quality matcha sold in tea stores and designed for the tea ceremony.
Top Review by PinkCherryBlossom
I made this into muffins rather than a cake and although they were Ok it would work much better as one large cake. I found it easy to put together and they baked with no problems. I found the flavor to be very mild but this could have been my green tea rather than the recipe. I nice little cake that would make an unusual picnic or potluck ingredient
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cake mold.
- Mix the flour and the green tea powder.
- In a separate bowl, blend butter and sugar with your hands until fluffy. Then add the flour + green tea little by little.
- Add the eggs.
- Blend well until mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour dough into mold and bake for about 35 minutes or until edges start to be golden and tip of knife inserted comes out dry.