Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I like the moist texture of this cake and it is pretty easy to make. I buy the green tea powder (matcha) in Asian groceries because it's way cheaper than the high quality matcha sold in tea stores and designed for the tea ceremony.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cake mold.
- Mix the flour and the green tea powder.
- In a separate bowl, blend butter and sugar with your hands until fluffy. Then add the flour + green tea little by little.
- Add the eggs.
- Blend well until mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour dough into mold and bake for about 35 minutes or until edges start to be golden and tip of knife inserted comes out dry.
I made this into muffins rather than a cake and although they were Ok it would work much better as one large cake. I found it easy to put together and they baked with no problems. I found the flavor to be very mild but this could have been my green tea rather than the recipe. I nice little cake that would make an unusual picnic or potluck ingredient