1/2 Photos of Matcha Green Tea Smoothie or Iced Latte
If you've read a newspaper or watched the news recently you've probably heard about all the health benefits of drinking Green Tea. It has tons of antioxidents and helps boost metabolism and helps you burn more fat and thus lose more weight. I enjoy drinking green tea and occasionally I enjoy a Starbucks Green Tea Frappuccino, or a Jamba Juice Matcha Smoothie Blast. This recipe is one I developed to be able to enjoy these smoothies at home. I think it tastes great and is really good for your health too. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Please note that this recipe does require premium matcha green tea powder. This is not just regular green tea leaves pulverized. This premium powder can be purchased at Japanese grocers, or online. I happen to purchase mine on that popular online auction site I'm sure you're familiar with. I use the "Usucha" (or thin) matcha green tea powder that comes straight from Kyoto, Japan. Feel free to contact me if you need help finding this tea and I can show you where to purchase it directly. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 1/2 tsp green tea powder in 2 ounces of hot water in a bowl. Stir with a whisk until completely dissolved.
- 2Stir in 3 teaspoons of sugar or sugar substitute (can adjust to taste).
- 3Add in 4 ounces of milk and stir.
- 4(Optional) Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla syrup, such as Torani or DaVinci brands.
- 5Add ice cubes and blend in a blender until smooth.
- 7Note: You could also drink this as a Matcha Green Tea Iced Latte by just pouring the mixture over ice instead of blending.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Matcha Green Tea Smoothie or Iced Latte
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.8
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 64.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
matcha green tea powder