1 hr 15 mins
I've been carrying this recipe around for so long that I have no idea where I found it. Note: Matcha is specially processed powdered green tea. You cannot substitute regular green tea that has been ground or crushed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare 2 loaf pans (9x5x3) by buttering and lining with parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper as well.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 3In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, matcha, and baking powder.
- 4In a large bowl, beat together the butter and the powdered sugar for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- 5Add the yolks into the butter mixture, one at a time, mixing well in between each addition.
- 6Add the dry ingredients into the butter and yolk mixture and set aside momentarily.
- 7In a large clean bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form.
- 8Fold the beaten egg whites into the yolk batter and gently mix until incorporated.
- 9Pour the batter into the loaf pans and smooth the top.
- 10Bake for 60 to 70 minutes until this passes the clean wooden skewer test.
- 11Cool for 10 minutes, dismount and cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Matcha (Green Tea) Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.5
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 79.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
matcha green tea powder