Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 3⁄8 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder, plus
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, salt, and baking powder.
- Add half the flour and mix to just combine with the wet ingredients.
- Add half the milk and mix to combine.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5, adding the matcha powder with the last addition of milk.
- Beat at low speed until smooth and shiny, about 30 seconds.
- Divide batter among mini muffin pans lined with foils or papers. Bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pans after 7 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack until the cupcakes come to room temperature.