- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour, sifted
- 180 ml cold green tea
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
Directions See How It's Made
- cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy; add eggs until well-incorporated. alternate folding in the flour and adding the cold tea into the mixture. stir until smooth, adding enough powdered matcha to reach a jade-coloured batter, or whatever shade you prefer. be careful adding more than a few tablespoonfuls as it can get quite bitter the darker you go.
- fill paper-lined muffin tins and bake in a 350°F preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- cool completely before frosting.