Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great way to incorporate some green tea into your cocoa. This one is from the Zen site.
- 1 teaspoon green tea powder (Matcha)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 100 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- In a small pan/pot, mix Matcha and cocoa, then add hot water and mix well.
- Gradually add milk while stirring and bring to a slight boil.
- To make a sweeter, add some sugar.
I was not too sure about the taste. Then I added sugar. It was a little bit better but still... Thanks Pikake for posting this recipe. Made for Cookbook tag game
Very unusual combo, I thought, but it turns out to make for A GREAT TASTING DRINK, & is definitely a keeper recipe for me! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Comfort Cafe under the theme Cocoa + 1!]
Excellent!! I never thought to mix matcha with cocoa, but the 2 bitter flavors with the sweetness of the sugar go very well together. If you like dark chocolate, you will love this drink.